Research and EducationPotential roles of the Education institutes include:
- Improving general education level of all actors.
- Education and training of professionals in the agricultural sector.
- Development of better knowledge and associated skills for farmers and other actors.
- Facilitating investment in human resources for process and product development.
- Developing approaches and methods of experiential and multi-actor learning.
- Developing and improving technologies, practices, and processes relevant to local/regional/national contexts.
- (Joint) testing of locally developed (indigenous) technologies and processes.
- Documenting the ways new practices and technologies are adapted and further innovated to feed into other agricultural research efforts and policy decisions.
- Cooperating with researchers of other countries/international organizations, and/or other disciplines/sectors.